A restorative dentist plays an important function in maintaining and improving oral fitness through diagnosing and treating various dental problems. They concentrate on restoring the role, functions, and appearance of the tooth and its structures. Now read more about some of the ways a restorative dentist in Roanoke can assist with:
- Fillings: Restorative dentists frequently deal with cavities by casting off the decayed portion of the enamel and filling it with certain materials to restore its shape and characteristics.
- Crowns: They can put dental crowns (also called caps) over broken or weakened teeth to guard them and repair their strength and look. Crowns are generally used for teeth with massive fillings, fractures, or after root canal treatment.
- Bridges: When a patient lacks one or more teeth, a restorative dentist can design and place dental bridges, which are fixed prosthetic objects that bridge the gap and restore both function and aesthetics of the person’s teeth.
- Dental Implants: For missing teeth, restorative dentists can advise and place dental implants that are synthetic teeth roots surgically implanted into the jawbone. These can support crowns, bridges, or dentures and offer a permanent answer for tooth loss.
- Dentures: Restorative dentists can design and place detachable or immovable dentures for sufferers with multiple teeth loss. This enables improved chewing function and restores a natural look.
- Root Canal Therapy: When the pulp of your tooth becomes infected or broken, a restorative dentist can perform a root canal process to get rid of the inflamed tissue, clean and disinfect the canal, and seal it to the root of your tooth.
- Teeth Whitening: Restorative dentists can offer teeth whitening processes to enhance the look of your discolored or stained teeth, improving an affected person’s smile.
- Cosmetic Bonding: They can use dental bonding materials to repair chipped or discolored teeth, enhancing your overall appearance.
- Preventive Care: While they mainly focus on restoring dental fitness, restorative dentists also emphasize preventive care. They teach sufferers about oral hygiene, provide everyday test-ups, and advise preventive measures to help you protect your oral health and prevent future problems.
- Orthodontic Referral: In cases of misaligned teeth, restorative dentists can also refer patients to orthodontists for specialized treatment such as braces or aligners.
Overall, restorative dentists play a vital role in ensuring that the affected person gets a healthy and aesthetically beautiful smile by addressing numerous dental problems and offering remedies tailor-made to your needs.