The various stages of addiction are faced by a patient in the initial stage. But with time, the addiction keeps increasing. It increases to a level where it becomes impossible to live without drugs for that person. To get them out of this trap, rehab centres are designed. They can help you recover from this addiction if you want to help yourself.
The treatment at rehab centres is done in various steps. The goals of these treatments might be different for different patients. But choosing the rehab centres that are specialized for the problem that the victim is dealing with, is not a play. You will have to think wisely and take decisions according to your needs.
Here are some of the common facts that you must keep in mind before opting for any rehab centre.
- Detox. You will have to derive medical care while detoxing. It is necessary to help you to take back the substance from you in a safe way. There are two types of programs, intensive program for outpatient and residential program for inpatient. You can choose one from them depending on your entails. The detox program is also based on these two programs and works accordingly.
- Expeditious Abstinence. It is typically the prior form of rehabilitation, also the beginning of detox. You are here treated to fight against the behavioural issues. The main focus is to move away from addictive substances.
It is considered the most complex stage of recovery. It is because you have to fight against the strongest cravings which you have experience for a long time. Here you are trained to learn the basic skills to cope with it. You are told here to maintain a clean and sober environment.
- Maintain Abstinence. After the time of near about a month or three, you are treated with the abstinence program. It includes group therapies, long-term abstinence, aftercare, and ongoing recovery.
This stage involves various skills such as coping and development skills, anger and stress management, relaxation, etc. They also make you understand the value of nutrients, exercise, and self-efficiency.
- Discharge. The Rehab Center in Chicago usually discharge the patient after several days when they realize that the addiction is under control. The time for discharging can take a minimum of a month and a maximum of eighteen months. You can leave the rehab then.
A sober house or an aftercare program is initiated after discharge. Here you will be able to take responsibility and will look for a support team to maintain your free life.
- Aftercare Program. Some of the Rehab Center in Chicago offer the aftercare program. It helps the patients to make their past life easy that will further help them to look for support groups. There are in total twelve steps in groups. It helps you to maintain your common habits and take up the responsibilities.
An aftercare program is useful to fight the specific conditions. Different people have different strategies. Some of them avoid people, some contact freely, some take care of the things they do, and some have special strategies to cope up with the triggers.